- CLS - PRGC
- Canton, MI, USA
- Variable Hour
The following at-will job posting will remain open indefinitely until all positions are filled:
PRO SHOP ASSISTANT - PHEASANT RUN GOLF COURSE (SEASONAL & VARIABLE)
Rate of Pay $10.00 /hour
This is an open posting. Applications will be considered as they are received.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Pro-Shop Assistant position at Pheasant Run Golf Course is responsible for promoting hospitality and goodwill to all customers. An employee in this class will perform daily operational procedures. This position promotes customer service as our number one priority, communicates effectively with the public and fellow employees, and maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Note: These examples are intended merely as illustrations of the work performed)
- Operates Tee Time and Point-of-Sale software
- Assists in the merchandising process, which includes: receipt and display of product, cleaning and organization of displays and promotion of shop merchandise
- Assists customers with all questions and needs
- Enforces Pheasant Run rules and policies
- Communicates with starters, rangers, and cart/range staff
- Assists professional staff with opening and closing procedures
- Registers players and sends to the starter in a timely manner
- Cleans and maintains pro shop and supporting areas, i.e., restrooms, entrance areas, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prefer experience in a related area
- Previous working experience in dealing with the public in a mature and responsible manner
- Must have positive interpersonal relationship skills: honest, dependable, and a team player
- Some knowledge of computers and golf operations
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patrons, residents, vendors, other township employees, elected officials and the general public
- Ability to work a wide variety of shifts including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This is an "At-Will" position: Work assignments and hours are scheduled based on availability, division requirements and within the confines of the budget. Schedules and work hours are not guaranteed and are subject to change at anytime due to division needs, budgeting constraints and staff availability.
Reports To: Head Golf Professional
Job Description Updated: February 3, 2016
Posting Information: Pro Shop Assistant (Variable Hour)
- This is an at-will position. Hours are limited and will vary based on the operational needs of the department. Employees in this position are not full-time and will be classified as variable hour employees.
- Variable hour employee's may remain on the schedule year round, their hours will fluctuate (0 to 40) week to week based on the operational needs of the department. There is no guarantee of hours and their schedule will be determined based on work load and availability
- This is an at-will position. Hours are limited and will vary based on the operational needs of the department. Employees in this position are not full-time and will be classified as part-time, seasonal or variable hour employees.
- All candidates will be notified VIA EMAIL of disposition of the employment application.
- Being hired to fill a vacant position will require reference checking, background information, working history verification, physical exam, drug screen and new hire orientation.
- Schedule: Ability to work a wide variety of shifts including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must meet minimum requirements of the position to be considered.
- This is an external posting open to all applicants. This position will remain open until filled. A completed application must be submitted to be considered for this position. Applications not completed in their entirety will not be considered.
- Create an account to apply online or pick up a paper application in the Human Resources Department.